Quality Portable Cabins
Portable Accommodation and Sheds Built to Last
We specialise in portable wooden cabins for use as accommodation, small homes, offices, cabins, baches, and sheds. Everything we do is of the highest quality, durable, great to look at, and competitively priced.
Why shed love?
We hire local people, we build quality portable cabins, and we love what we do!
Our clients love it too; as of January 2020, we’ve built over 800 portable structures for various uses throughout New Zealand. This includes our contract with two rental cabins companies – that’s a real test of our product’s reliability and durability.
Based in Whangarei, we are the North Island’s specialist in building and installing quality transportable wooden accommodation and storage.
From Cape Reinga to Wellington, we can provide you with the extra space you require. Our cabins and sheds are made to the same standard as any wooden house, they will last as long, and they maintain their resale value.
Here’s what you get when you purchase a Shed Love portable cabin:
- New Zealand owned and operated.
- Totally New Zealand product from start to finish – New Zealand timber, New Zealand aluminium, New Zealand labour.
- Over eight years’ experience and expertise in the design, manufacture and installation of portable structures.
- A focus on communication – we listen, we advise, we build to your requirements.
- Client satisfaction – the number of repeat customers proves it.
- All wood linings – easy maintenance.
- Zincalume roofing with gutter eave flashing – weatherproof and durable.
- Certified electrical components – electrical compliance provided.
- Insulated in polyester insulation – stapled installation in to prevent sagging.
- The ability to customise your portable cabin – whatever your need, we can supply. We can even create a modular structure if your requirement is larger than our maximum size.
Durable Wooden Construction
We use high-quality New Zealand timber for the framing and exterior construction of all our all-wooden portable cabin. Here’s why:
- The most common alternatives to a wooden construction are polystyrene sandwich panels, aluminium and steel (sometimes called a “caravan construction”) and shipping containers. The 100% wooden construction of a Shed Love portable cabin compares favourably with all these alternative products. Wooden construction is easy to paint, easy to refurbish or update, and has a long-life span.
- The wooden look is a better fit in most New Zealand situations than are these alternatives and, cost-wise, the wooden construction is on par or often less expensive.
- The wooden construction makes your cabin more “useable”. For instance, nails can be hammered into the wall to hang pictures etc. and modifications such as extra windows are relatively easy to achieve.
- The maintenance cost of a portable structure is something many people don’t consider. Over time, all construction materials require some maintenance. The most common is cleaning or repainting – something that is quick and easy on an all-wooden construction.
- If you damage your wooden portable cabin or tiny house on-site, it is usually easier to repair than alternative constructions.